'The Chi' Renewed For Season 7

  As The Chi   season 6 returns for part 2 this Friday, May 10 on the Paramount+ with Showtime streamer and Sunday, May 12 linearly at 9 PM ET/PT,  the network has renewed the series for a seventh season. The first half of season 6 has done quite well, making for its most-watched season yet for streaming,  increasing nearly 25% over season 5. Season 7  will start production later this month in Chicago. “Lena Waithe is a generational storyteller, whose authentic and unflinching narratives in  The Chi  resonate deeply, offering a powerful lens into both the complexities of life in Chicago as well as the Black experience in America,” said Nina L. Diaz, the President of Content and Chief Creative Officer at Showtime/MTV Entertainment Studios and Paramount Media Networks. “On the heels of a record-breaking season and ahead of this week’s return, we’re excited to provide fans with the promise of more – ensuring that they can continue to enjoy the raw, emotional stories and unforgettable cha

Nathan Kress and the 'iCarly' Revival Crew Mourn The Cancellation: "We Had A Lot Of Story To Tell"

 
It may have been Laci Mosley among the iCarly revival team who broke the news of the Paramount+ series's cancellation, but she wasn't the only one to speak out.

On Twitter, Nathan Kress, who has starred as Freddie Benson since the original series began wrote:
Thank you all for your kindness, love, and undying support for these past 3 seasons. I'm so grateful that we were given an opportunity to bring you this story... and I especially want to thank our amazing crew, writers, and my castmates for the greatest workplace and creative environment I could ask for. I'm so proud of what we accomplished together. Freddie is forever in my heart, and I'm honored that I was able to put that mantle back on, even for just a few more years. Obviously this stings a bit... we had a lot of story left to tell, and we were excited to give you guys the ending you deserved. No one wanted this to end on a cliffhanger. Maybe somehow, someday, we'll find out how to story ends. Much love, friends.

Clearly grateful to have had the chance to revisit the character, while at the same time burned by the cancellation. The cast and crew connections he made this time were probably in such an enriching way with a different feel from when he did the original series and his appreciation feels genuine. He is still holding onto hope he can return again some day. 

The series' writers also chimed in at their account @iCarlyWriters, saying "It was truly such an incredible experience working on this show. Thank you all so much for your support and enthusiasm. I’m gonna miss saying "Oh the fans are gonna lose their minds!" almost as much as I will miss working with such hilarious and kind people.💜💜💜" Showrunner Ali Schouten-Seeks quoted their tweet with "Best job I’ve ever had. Let’s do it again in another 10 years?" So clearly the optimism is still there.


Jaidyn Triplett, who played Freddie's stepdaughter Millicent, was obviously the youngest cast member and took to Instagram to confirm the news and share her thanks.
I want to thank you all so much for watching and supporting the show. It was such an incredible experience to play Millicent Mitchell and bring her to life every week. I want to thank the amazing cast and crew for all their hard work. Can’t wait to see how life puts us back on the same path again. I Want to thank Nathan for being an awesome tv dad and teaching me new ways to grow in my craft. I Want to thank Jerry for always making me laugh and making feel so welcome on set from the very beginning. I want to thank Laci for Always having my back and honoring our sister code no matter what.
And I want to thank Miranda for picking me to play Millicent. She saw my audition tape and knew I was the one for the role. She saw Millicent in me and made a decision that changed my life. She helped create a launching pad to allow you all to see my love and passion for my craft. We have maintained such an unbreakable friendship that I will take with me forever. She’s extremely thoughtful, kind and honestly the nicest person on earth. Again thank you to the entire iCarly universe for your support.

The iCarly revival's three seasons totaled 33 episodes, making for 130 across both series. Why the series was canceled is unknown, but some believe it might be a casualty of the studios taking too long to consider negotiating with the striking writers and actors. Cosgrove and Trainor's lacks of statement may come from stricter adherence to strike guidelines as the SAG-AFTRA strike is still ongoing.

Sources: Jaidyn TriplettAli Schouten-Seeks, iCarly Writers, Nathan Kress

Comments